Evaluation Findings: Professional Development Workshops Cultural and Historical Studies for Islam, Muslims and the Muslim WorldISB Workshops for K-12 Public and Private School Teachers Held at: Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OHMonday, March 26, 2007 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSEOrientation to Islam and Muslims in the context of World History and Social Studies Presenter (Maha Elgenaidi): How was the presenter in her delivery? Excellent: 34 (81%)Good: 5 (12%)Excellent & Good Totals: 93%Fair: 2 (5%)Poor: 1 (2%)Total evaluations received: 42 Content: How rich was the content? Excellent: 34 (79%)Good: 7 (17%)Excellent & Good Totals: 96%Fair: 1 (2%)Poor: 1 (2%)Total evaluations received: 43 Relevancy to Job: How relevant was the content to your work?Excellent: 32 (76%)Good: 7 (17%)Excellent & Good Tot: 93%Fair: 1 (2%)Poor: 2 (4%)Total evaluations received: 42 Comments:* Fine weaving connections between traditions.* Ms. Elgenaidi was an excellent speaker. She has so much to share, and she did so in an engaging and interesting way.* Questions were welcomed. We all came with questions.* Presenter was knowledgeable, however, it was boring at times.* Islam from a global perspective was not addressed.* Please consider more interaction and less lecture on these themes and topics. Perhaps small groups/breakouts would benefit the teachers.* Our study of Islam should be more oriented toward the geo-political situation, i.e., as it relates to the Taliban, various national politics in regional nations, Osama bin Laden, globalization, American foreign policy, Iran, Iraq’s new government, etc. Put Islam in this geopolitical context for teachers.* Interesting and excellent learning experience. I will leave today with a much clearer understanding of Muslim people.* Very informative.* Beautiful presentation.* Ms. Elgenaidi was phenomenal. She was great to learn from.* Very knowledgeable, and welcoming to questions.* Enjoyed this presentation.* Appreciated being able to ask questions* I learned a lot. Factual, but pleasantly presented. So willing to be interrupted with questions.* I learned that Islam (Muslims) vary by geographical culture.* Very knowledgeable. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSE WOMEN IN ISLAM Presenter (Maha Elgenaidi): How was the presenter in her delivery? Excellent: 33 (75%)Good: 9 (21%)Excellent & Good tot: 96%Fair: 1 (2%)Poor: 1 (2%)Total evaluations received: 44 Content: How rich was the content? Excellent: 33 (79%)Good: 7 (17%)Excellent & Good tot: 96%Fair: 1 (2%)Poor: 1 (2%)Total evaluations received: 42 Relevancy to Job: How relevant was the content to your work? Excellent: 21 (48%)Good: 20 (45%)Excellent & Good tot: 93%Fair: 2 (5%)Poor: 1 (2%)Total evaluations received: 44 Comments: * Many misconceptions about Muslim women were cleared up, with regards to the attire as well as the respect they receive from it.* I teach World Religions at a girls Catholic School here, and the information I gained will be very well used. I also appreciated your sincerity and peace. I saw “Islam” in you. Your demeanor, your words, your patience with the many questions really testified to the peace all of our religions seem to speak of, and try to live. I was honored to meet someone like yourself. I was a Catholic nun for 14 years of my life, so I can relate to much of what you said. Today I try to teach modesty to young girls in a media-saturated world, and can only pray some of them listen. I think we Western-ized women are “oppressed” in our own way in the way the media sexualizes us. The American Psychological Association came out with a study from a task force on “the Sexualization of Women in Media”…very informative! Anyway, thanks again. God bless your work.* Presenter was a bit more flexible, and it was easier to pay attention.* I would love to have ready-to-go handouts/activities for my social studies classes that you have seen work in an educational setting.* Good for an active class of world cultures* The excellent content continued, and I appreciated the interactive Q&A approach.* Beautiful, insightful.* Media portrayal should explain that restrictions are cultural, and not entirely faith-based.