Sign up for the ING newsletter to receive news and announcements.
In response to the shootings today at a pair of military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee which left five people dead, ING and its Affiliates nationwide join fellow Americans of all faiths and none in condemning these senseless murders. We offer condolences to the families and loved ones whom we will keep in our thoughts and prayers. This attack is particularly egregious coming a day before Eid-ul-Fitr, the Festival of Breaking the Fast, which commemorates the end of Ramadan.
- We affirm and uphold the sanctity of all human life, the taking of which is among the gravest of all sins.
- We affirm the right to freedom of thought, conscience, and speech.
- We affirm the right to security in one’s livelihood, profession, and residence.
- We believe that God created us with all the diversity of race, religion, language, and belief to get to know one another, not to despise or hate one another.
- We believe that Islam is above all a religion of peace and mercy, and that Muslims are obligated to model those traits in their lives and characters and to work for the good of our homeland and society, wherever that might be.
ING and ING Affiliates
July 16, 2015