Sign up for the ING newsletter to receive news and announcements.
Know Your Neighbor: Multifaith Encounters (KYN-ME) is a national grassroots interfaith program that is the outgrowth of the Know Your Neighbor coalition of around 15 groups that was launched at the White House in December 2015 to work on policy concerning civil rights.
Founded on American values of religious freedom, pluralism, and inclusion, and motivated by a desire to build peaceful communities at the grassroots level through community engagement, the KYN-ME program was created by Islamic Networks Group (ING) in February 2016 to promote understanding and mutual respect among Americans of diverse religious and ethical traditions.
KYN-ME has grown into a collaborative effort of 75 partners with diverse missions and objectives who work together on campaigns that push back against bigotry and discrimination while promoting civil dialogue across differences, building relationships and peaceful communities, and advancing human rights and justice.
For a historical look at the reach and effect of KYN-ME campaigns, check out our impact report.
Who are our current program partners?
- See a full list of campaign partners here.
- Partner organizations include nonprofit organizations, interfaith councils, civil rights organizations, religious literacy groups, and advocacy-based organizations.
- Our program partners are all based within the United States, and collectively we have a presence in all 50 states.
Why should my organization join?
- Networking opportunities among recognized non-profit organizations in this country.
- Publicity of your organization’s programs and work through our campaigns on social and traditional media.
- Best practices and resources that are shared among Know Your Neighbor program partners.
- Being part a growing, national interfaith movement.
Who qualifies as a program partner?
- A group that is active in interfaith work and engagement and sees it as either a strategy or an objective.
- A group that embraces pluralistic values in their mission statement, and is not exclusive towards faith traditions or solely focused on efforts involving only a single faith tradition.
- A group that is alive and active, whether this is through meetings, events, programs, etc.
- A group that shares the Know Your Neighbor: Multifaith Encounters values and mission statement.
What do we ask of our partners?
- To be active participants in this grassroots movement by:
- Participating in our campaigns, such as our “Share Your Story” campaign which was promoted through social media platforms.
- Attending online meetings to provide feedback and input.
- Using Know Your Neighbor hashtags and other methods of promotion through social media.
- Share the mission of Know Your Neighbor with others and invite affiliates and friends within your own network to join this movement.
How does my organization become a partner?
If your organization is interested in joining the Know Your Neighbor program please complete this form and we’ll be in touch!