Sign up for the ING newsletter to receive news and announcements.
Islamic Networks Groups’ internship program offers a variety of opportunities to learn about the different functions involved in managing and operating a non-profit organization. Interns learn about the work of ING in promoting peace and increasing understanding in our society through various ING educational and interfaith programs. Interns also receive practical training in project management, community outreach, research, writing, and other types of assignments while working with our professional staff. If you’re a student looking for real-world experience, please consider interning with us.
We are currently accepting applications for Spring & Summer 2022.
Age level: High school, undergraduate, and graduate students up to 25 years of age
Term: Spring 2022, Summer 2022 (partial internships available)
Hours: 20 – 40 hours/week
Stipend: Community service or academic credit (student is responsible for submitting necessary forms)
Benefits: Skills development in research, interfaith relations, religious literacy work, marketing, social media, videography, public relations, and program development. Previous interns have used the skills they’ve learned in college applications and professional careers.
Direct Supervisor: Hawa Tuli, Sr. Programs Manager
Qualifications and Relevant Past Experience: Enthusiasm for meeting new people, self-motivated, experience with interfaith relations and working with those of different faith traditions, research, event planning, social media, WordPress content management system, videography and photography.
Assisting ING staff, as needed, with the following:
- Researching and designing innovative pedagogy for delivering ING content
- Creating supplemental materials for ING presentations, panels, and training seminars
- Reviewing and incorporating updates to ING’s educator lesson plans including
- Creating additional lesson plans to complement ING’s existing educator lesson plans
Social Media Campaigns for Peace Building and Promoting Understanding
- Creating multimedia content (graphics, memes, videos) for various social media platforms
- Assisting in social media publicity and advertisements
- Creating and distributing ING marketing material in community settings
- Connecting and working with similarly oriented organizations
- Planning INGYouth speaker events
- Brainstorming INGYouth content and training
Send your resume and cover letter to Nisa Sheikh, Sr. Programs Manager, at [email protected].